Friday, June 27, 2008

Thoughts on Kenyon

It has been nearly a week now since I was in Gambier and I haven't said much in terms of a wrap-up. It occurred to me that perhaps this is because other's have already done this, and done it well enough that there's little left to be added.

I was fortunate enough to be in the same workshop class with the crazy talented
Kirsten Ogden, who not only blogs for the Kenyon Review, but who also teaches at their young writer's program during the summer. Having her recount the tales of the week are all the richer for me, because I was one of the handful of people actually in the room with the cat picture (you'll have to read here or here to see what I'm talking about.)

Also, another talented writer from my workshop has eloquently written about her experiences with the workshop over
here.

Of course, the other reason that I haven't been blogging lately is because I am dutifully fulfilling the commitment I made to be a more disciplined (re: less distracted by bright and flashy websites or interesting blogs or games of Scrabulous)writer. Right.

No comments: