Monday, February 16, 2009

Out into the World

Over the past couple of weeks, I have been on the look out for websites that do book reviews, searching for discriminating readers who have an audience that regularly reads their opinions of the books that they discuss. Sending my small volume of short stories out into the world to be read by avid readers has been nerve wracking, to say the least.

I tend to get panic attacks over the thought of someone actually reading something that I've written - and they happen at the strangest moments, like mid-jog while I'm watching Food Network on my treadmill. I'll have to stop and take a breath and remind myself that a critical review is not the end of the world.

So, it was a bit of a relief, to read the first response to the copies of the book that I have sent out recently. The review is here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Friend, I'm so excited about your delicious book! I can't wait to get my copy! Yay!