Thursday, April 30, 2009

Something New

As I'm still finding myself weepy over the simplest of things, like, the opening credits of a Winnie-the-Pooh movie or running out of dish detergent - I've decided to put the emotionally draining novel on the shelf for the meantime and work on the more lighthearted one that I've had kicking around in my head for over a year now.

I can already see the entire story in my mind. It plays out like a movie, one with characters that I enjoy and a feel good storyline. No deaths, no miscarriages of justice, no dark undercurrent. Just a nice, humorous, story. Something completely different for me.

I know it so well that it already feels done. Which I'm finding annoying, seeing as I'm only three chapters deep (and already wondering if it might be too soon to go in and begin the revision process.)

No comments: