Friday, January 8, 2010

Percolating

2010. Huh. How did that happen?

Wasn't I just holding my first baby?

Wasn't I just the starry eyed MFA student walking onto campus and thinking this was the beginning of great things?

Life has been a storm lately, leaving me with little time to catch my breath or write things down.

The good news is that there are things there. Stories, novels, strings of words, all percolating while I wait to have the time to breathe. To sit. To put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard) again.

Not that I anticipate life to settle down anytime soon. But I might, in the midst of it, give myself a little moment. Or more than one. Maybe seven or eight. Because it's a new year, again, which reminds me that life moves quickly and without remorse for what we hoped might have been.


No comments: